Last night, The Met Gala was sparkling with custom gowns and makeup magic as makeup artist to the stars, Charlotte Tilbury, and beloved American fashion designer, Zac Posen united to LIGHT UP THE RED CARPET for this year’s “Camp: Notes on Fashion” theme.
During their careers, Charlotte and Zac have worked together on many magical fashion moments and become great friends. This partnership was a match made in fashion, red carpet and beauty heaven… Two worlds coming together to bring joy, happiness and positivity to The Met Gala – fitting in a year when, according to the Met’s curator Andrew Bolton, the Gala’s ‘Camp’ theme should make you smile and warm your heart.
“This was a dream theme! Camp is in my DNA, I grew up with camp! Eclectic and eccentric; fabulous and frivolous… camp is fun!!!”
Celebrities including Nina Dobrev and Julia Garner walked fashion’s most famous red carpet wearing custom Posen designs, engineered by General Electric Additive and printed by Protolabs. Nina wore a flawless, 3D printed bustier mimicking a Zac Posen Drape with a glass-like finish that took over 200 hours to create, while Julia shone in an ombré silver to gold lame gown and brass plated headpiece fit for a goddess, bedecked with leaves and berry embellishments.
Charlotte Tilbury also attended the Met Gala red carpet alongside Zac Posen, in an electric sapphire Zac Posen gown.
Often referred to as the ‘Queen of Glow,’ Charlotte’s red carpet looks took centre stage again as she introduced her next level of glow to the world with her NEW! Glowgasm collection.
Charlotte, Team Tilbury and other leading artists were the makeup masters behind the glamourous, glowing looks of Nina Dobrev, Julia Garner, Emily Blunt, Katie Holmes, Zoe Saldana, Julianne Moore, and more as seen at the Met Gala.
Charlotte’s hero GLOW products were also used to craft the hypnotising, lit-from-within looks. From glowing goddess complexions with Charlotte’s Magic Cream and the ultimate red carpet contour with Filmstar Bronze & Glow, to her best-selling Pillow Talk, that’s on everyone’s lips and her secret to super starlit skin, Hollywood Flawless Filter, Charlotte Tilbury Beauty was the talk of the red carpet!!
All products available from www.charlottetilbury.com
How to create Charlotte’s smoky eyes ‘til I die and Pillow Talk red carpet makeup look
- Charlotte’s Magic Cream
- Magic Away Concealer
- Light Wonder Foundation
- Hollywood Flawless Filter
- NEW! Glowgasm Beauty Light Wand in Pinkgasm
- NEW! Glowgasm Face Palette
- Classic Eyeliner in The Audrey
- Pillow Talk and Dolce Vita Luxury Palettes.
- Legendary Lashes V2
- Lip Cheat lip liner in Pillow Talk
- Matte Revolution lipstick in Pillow Talk
NINA DOBREV – MAKEUP BY CHARLOTTE TILBURY
How Charlotte created Nina Dobrev’s glowing red carpet magic makeup look
- Charlotte always says you can’t have a beautiful painting without a beautiful canvas, and the secret to creating the ultimate, glowing goddess complexion for the red carpet always starts with the skin.
- Charlotte applied her iconic Charlotte’s Magic Cream to Nina’s skin. It is the secret to enhancing the perfect, flawless-looking, glowing canvas before makeup.
- To enhance Nina’s dreamy complexion and create the ultimate, flawless red carpet glow, Charlotte used her award-winning Hollywood Flawless Filter for a glossy, gleaming dream filter effect.
- To conceal any areas which needed a little extra coverage, Charlotte applied her Magic Away concealer. With an incredible full coverage, the concealer lasts for up to 15 hours!
- To enhance Nina’s natural beauty and carve the ultimate killer cheekbones, Charlotte applied her iconic Filmstar Bronze and Glow in light/medium to add definition to the cheeks, temples, jawline and nose.
- For an added mega-watt glow on the red carpet, Charlotte applied her Beauty Light Wand on the top of Nina’s cheekbones. Just like a diva light on the skin that bathes the complexion in beauty light and joy!
- She then added her NEW! Beauty Light Wand in Peachgasm on to Nina’s cheeks, adding a soft, glowing veil of colour.
- To add subtle definition to Nina’s brows and structure to her face, Charlotte brushed up the brows using Legendary Brows in Super Model and softly filled in any gaps using her Brow Lift in Super Model.
- To put the lights back in Nina’s eyes, Charlotte applied her Eyes to Mesmerise in Marie Antoinette and her Eyes to Mesmerise in Jean inside the eye and blended over the lid. She also blended her Luxury Palette in Pillow Talk and Luxury Palette in Uptown Girl for a wash of dreamy, lustrous light across the eye.
- To elongate the appearance of Nina’s eyes and add intensity, Charlotte used her Rock ‘N’ Kohl Eyeliner in Barbarella Brown along the upper lash line, finishing with The Feline Flick to create a gorgeous, cat eye effect.
- Charlotte finished Nina’s eye makeup using lashings of her Full Fat Lashes on her top lashes for a full red-carpet flutter that lasts from the red carpet to the after parties!
- Charlotte completed Nina’s glowing look with the ultimate lips to lead astray. Charlotte started by applying her Lip Cheat lip liner in Pink Venus to cheat fuller, wider-looking lips
- For the perfect red carpet lip, Charlotte applied her Matte Revolution lipstick in Lost Cherry
JULIA GARNER – MAKEUP BY CHARLOTTE TILBURY & SOFIA TILBURY
How Charlotte and Sofia achieved Julia Garner’s spellbinding statement red carpet makeup look
- Charlotte and Sofia began Julia’s skin prep with Charlotte’s iconic Magic Cream to create a smooth, radiant looking canvas, perfect for makeup.
- To enhance Julia’s complexion with a flawless, glowing finish, Charlotte and Sofia buffed Hollywood Flawless Filter into the skin.
- To even out the complexion, Charlotte and Sofia applied Light Wonder where needed. For any areas needing a little extra coverage, Charlotte and Sofia used Magic Away Concealer, to keep Julia’s skin looking gorgeous and glamorous all night.
- To set Julia’s skin, Charlotte and Sofia lightly dusted Airbrush Flawless Filter over the forehead, nose and chin.
- Next, Charlotte and Sofia applied the Beauty Light Wand on the high points of the face (cheekbones, bridge of nose, brow bone, cupid’s bow, chin and center of forehead) for a dewy looking, naturally-highlighted complexion.
- For an extra red carpet glow boost, Charlotte and Sofia followed dusted shades from the NEW! Glowgasm Palette in Lightgasm all over Julia’s cheeks for a perfect, gorgeous glow and along her cheek hollows for a soft, luminous contour.
- To create Julia’s mesmerizing, glowing eye look, Charlotte and Sofia applied Charlotte’s Eyes to Mesmerise in Marie Antoinette, a cooling, creamy eye shadow that shimmers and plays with the light beautifully.
- To add definition, Charlotte and Sofia blended in the Pop shade from the Luxury Palette in Exaggereyes.
- Charlotte and Sofia lightly shaded in Julia’s natural brow shape using Brow Lift in Grace K to create depth and definition, followed by Legendary Brows in Linda to hold their shape throughout the night.
- Charlotte and Sofia finalised the eye look with lashings of Charlotte’s Full Fat Lashes mascara on Julia’s top and bottom lashes for a full Met Gala red-carpet flutter
- Charlotte and Sofia completed Julia’s look with a combination of Super Cindy and Tell Laura, to create a bold, superstar pout for the biggest red carpet in fashion.
Makeup by Team Tilbury and other leading makeup artists using Charlotte Tilbury products:
Name and artist
Katie Holmes by Genevieve Herr
Emily Blunt by Jenn Streicher
Zoe Saldana by Amy Orseman
Julianne Moore by Elaine Offers
Sabrina Dhowre by TEAM TILBURY