We started our week on a high getting coverage in all nine newspapers on Monday for our client The Curragh and the Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby.
How amazing was Beyoncé at Glastonbury on Sunday night, we’re getting very excited for Oxegen now.
New balls please – With Federer out of the equation could this be Andy Murray’s year at Wimbledon? There’s just the small matter of his semi-final against Nadal this evening standing in his way.
A busy music week with Bon Jovi playing two nights in the RDS, they always put on a great show. The Script play the Aviva on Saturday with The Coronas supporting them. We’d go for The Corona’s alone!
Important GAA weekend ahead with the hurling qualifiers on Saturday. The Munster football final between Cork and Kerry is at 2pm on Sunday followed by the Leinster hurling final between Dublin and Kilkenny at 4pm.
We had a very successful Jewellery sale in the office yesterday. Judith from A Box for my Treasure brought in her collection and many purchases were made!
The Irish Times announce Kevin O’Sullivan as its new Editor.
The Glastonbury Festival kicks off tonight with U2 headlining the Pyramid Stage. You can watch U2′s gig on Setanta tonight.
Will karma come to visit Breffni Park as it hosts the replay of last year’s controversial Leinster Final between Meath and Louth tomorrow?
The Euromillions jackpot is €120m tonight, surely that’s worth a quickpick!
A bittersweet Wimbledon experience for Conor Niland this week as he qualified for the tournament but unfortunately didn’t make it past the first round.
Over 160,000 people (mainly women it has to be said) enjoyed the Take That concerts last weekend but Robbie completely stole the show!
- X Factor auditions took place in the Convention Centre this week. Simon was bored, Louis was as happy as ever and Katy Perry has a crush on Cheryl…
- Glastonbury’s 40th anniversary…. And it didn’t rain!
- Shakespeare in the Park – Fitzwilliam Square Park… Twelfth Night is on until Saturday, 3rd July, don’t you think it’s a lovely way to spend an evening? Hopefully there will be more plays on in the coming months!
- Larry King is retiring after 50 years (he conducted over 50,000 interviews) and Peirs Morgan is in line to take over, Piers has huge shoes to fill.
-A big weekend ahead of us with the Wimbledon finals, Venus is out so Serena will probably take the women’s title – not so straightforward with the men’s singles, with Roger Federer out – could this be Andy Murray’s year?
- Grey’s Anatomy.. what a finale.. we were on the edge of our seats watching it last Tuesday!
- Independence Day is this Sunday but to one Elevator it’s Eclipse Sunday…. Team Jacob all the way!
- Michael Jackson’s first anniversary… that year flew by, didn’t it?
- Historic first round match in Wimbledon between Nicolas Mahut and John Isner. Isner won and continued onto the second round of the tournament…. where he was beaten in straight sets..
- Junior and Leaving Cert finished this week
- Another big sporting weekend as Ireland take on the Wallabies in Brisbane tomorrow morning (11am Irish time), England face Germany in the next stage of the World Cup and old rivals Dublin and Meath kick off at 4pm in Croker on Sunday
- The Village at Lyons Cookery School with Clodagh McKenna will officially launch this weekend with a two day festival of fun, food and frivolity. Taking place tomorrow and Sunday, the launch festival will include tours of the newly opened cookery school, a farmers market, fun for kids, wine and food sampling and much much more. Check out the weekend’s activities here