Tag Archive: Aviva Stadium
We had great fun at the Mansion House last night as the winners of The Appys 2011 were announced – congratulations to all of the winners.
The inaugural Vue: National Contemporary Art Fair opened last night in the RHA. Vue brings together over 15 contemporary art galleries from Dublin and Belfast under one roof to showcase new and recent work by Ireland’s leading artists – it’s on until Sunday so make sure you pop in, it’s well worth a visit.
We watched Life in a Day, produced by Ridley Scott, last night on BBC2, It is a crowd-sourced documentary about ‘Life in A Day’ across the world. There were 4,500 clips and 80,000 hours of footage from 192 countries whittled down to just over 90 minutes. The UK is calling for all residents for their clips on November 12th. Here is a link to the trailer.
We’re delighted that Love/Hate will be back on our screens this Sunday night. It’s on at 9:30pm on RTE1.
There’s a double elimination on The X Factor this weekend – But do we really care?
In sporting news, Ireland have won the Cormac McAnallen Cup again in Australia in the Aussie Rules Test Series, Leinster take on Munster at the Aviva Stadium in the RaboDirect Pro12 tonight – KO is at 8pm and it’s on TG4 and finally The FAI Ford Cup Final between Shelbourne FC and Sligo Rovers takes place at the Aviva Stadium on Sunday, KO is at 3:30pm and that’s being shown on RTE2.
Taste of Dublin 2011 kicked off last night – we look forward to going every year, fingers crossed the rain stays away.
Great news this week as it was announced that the Aviva Stadium will host the 2013 Heineken Cup Final.
We’re looking forward to seeing new movie, Bridesmaids. Rumour has it it’s funnier than The Hangover.
In the week where the Junior and Leaving Cert exams started, we’ve been reminiscing about when we did our exams.
Good week for TV3 as new shows Celebrity Salon and Come Dine With Me are a big hit with viewers.
We were sad to hear of the passing of Brian Lenihan today. He was a husband and father first and a politician second. Our condolences’ go to his family at this difficult time for them.
The passing of screen and fashion legend, Elizabeth Taylor, this week – the actress left specific instructions that her funeral ceremony begin 15 minutes later than scheduled because she “wanted to be late for her own funeral.”
Supermoon – check out some amazing images here
OMG! Some new words for Oxford English Dictionary were announced this week
William and Kate’s wedding vows will be available to buy on iTunes – that’s a bit weird, isn’t it?
Rewind, the movie that Amy Huberman won an IFTA for, is in cinemas this weekend – why not pop along to see it?
Kylie fever in Dublin – of course, some were more excited than others
We’re loving this fabulous weather, long may it continue – with the clocks going forward this weekend, we may have an hour less in bed, but we’ll have lovely long evenings to enjoy
Yesterday, Tuesday 22nd of March, SEAT Ireland announced that it is the main title sponsor of the Europa League final which takes place at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin on Wednesday, 18th May 2011. In addition to this, SEAT today also unveiled its latest ambassadors, TV3 presenter Anna Daly and Shamrock Rovers midfielder Stephen Rice. SEAT marked these announcements and showcased some of the stars of the range at a motoring event at Mondello Park in Naas.
Selected guests were invited for a series of exclusive test drives on the race track, giving them the opportunity to fully experience the Leon Cupra R and Leon FR TDI 170. The Leon Cupra R with its 260bhp is currently the best performing front wheel drive in Ireland so it was a real treat for guests to take this car around the track. In addition to the test drives, SEAT brand ambassador and professional driver, Eoin Murray gave guests the thrill of a real racing experience by driving guests around the track in the Leon Supercopa powered with 330 bhp.
New ambassadors, Anna and Stephen join existing advocates of SEAT, racing car driver Eoin Murray and top model Nadia Forde.
The front pages of our papers have been dominated with harrowing articles and images from Japan – it reminds us that we’re very lucky not to suffer such catastrophes like that in Ireland.
Excitement is hotting up in Moneygall with the announcement that Barack Obama will visit Ireland in May.
We celebrated St. Patrick’s day yesterday – did you enjoy the parade? How did you celebrate the day?
We were very excited to hear that the Beckham’s are expecting a baby girl – can you imagine the clothes? Suri Cruise better watch out!
Rugby again on Saturday – Ireland stands in England’s way of winning the 6 nations at the Aviva Stadium
If you didn’t have any winners in Cheltenham make sure you do the Euromillions and the National Lottery this weekend – both have huge jackpots, so hopefully your luck is in.
There has been more than enough bad news in 2010, so for our review of the year, we focus on the top positive stories that hit the headlines.
• The rescue of 33 Chilean miners after 69 days trapped underground
• In Irish sport, two female sportswomen were centre stage this year – Katie Taylor and Grainne Murphy
• The opening of the Aviva Stadium in May
• Padraig Harrington helped to bring the Ryder Cup back to Europe
• John Hume crowned Ireland’s Greatest – let’s not forget how far we have come
• Irish animator Richard Baneham picked up the Best Visual Effects Award at the 82nd Annual Academy Awards
• Despite the recession, it was great to see Forever 21 and New Look opening stores in Dublin, as well as the opening of a number of other home-grown ventures such as Article in Powerscourt Townhouse Centre, Dolls, Bibi’s Cafe, The Butcher Grill in Ranelagh and Le Cafe des Irlandais on George’s St.
Elevate’s highlights included the Nokia Young Fashion Designer Award exhibition, the opening of The Village at Lyons Cookery School with Clodagh McKenna, The Gloss and Moët & Chandon cinema club, ebookers.ie search to find an Irish Hotel Inspector, Grey Goose Characters and Cocktails Ball, SEAT Hot Laps at Top Gear, the Rehab Waterways Adventure in Association with Bord na Móna, the Veuve Clicquot Business Woman of the Year Award and the launch of the fourth Curvette of the Year. We welcomed new clients including Nokia, SEAT, Bord na Móna, The Wyatt Hotel, Hennessy, RTE and Meteor, as well as two new staff, Karen Finnerty and Aoife Smith. A big thank you too, to our host of interns, who helped us over the past twelve months.
- Well everyone has been talking about it.. Google Streetview becoming active in Ireland meant people ‘downed tools’ yesterday to have a look at their house.. We think Elevate looks well in the sunshine!
- A new 4 part TV series called Love/Hate is starting on RTE 1 this Sunday at 9:30pm.. Let us know what you think of it!
- Leinster take on Munster this Saturday in the Aviva.. will Joe Schmidt’s men improve on previous performances? KO is 19:30 and is being televised on TG4
- We were sad to hear that Tony Curtis passed away this week
- We love the Weekly Edit, a new slice of Irish style delivered to your inbox every Wednesday morning
- Wishing the Ryder Cup team, especially Padraig Harrington the best of luck this weekend – hopefully the weather will improve!
* Delighted to see Tipperary winning the All Ireland last weekend– will the U21 team have the same success this weekend when they play Galway in Semple Stadium?
* We’re big fans of Imelda May here in Elevate and were delighted to hear that she has made history by being the first Irish female to have two albums in the top five. Her new album, Mayhem has gone straight in at number 1 with her debut album, Love Tattoo making a welcome return to the charts and is now resting at number 4!
* The end of an era – love it or hate it Big Brother will finish for good tonight – Brian Dowling is a firm favourite with the Elevators to win the show and is the bookies choice aswell – Who wins, you decide..
* They’re not going anywhere so we just have to get used to them – Jedward sign a lucrative deal with Nintendo – Fair play to them – could they be the new Ant & Dec???
*Job done for Ireland in the Aviva on Tuesday evening with a 3-1 win over Andorra – three great goals by Ireland and it has to be said a good goal by Andorra aswell.. Don’t think Shay will be Given a starting spot for Man City any time soon though…