How very pinteresting!
With 11.7million users and the capacity retain and engage users for the same amount of time as Facebook, Pinterest is the latest social media platform to consume us. But what’s the best way to use it when promoting a client? And is for big brands at all?
Mashable recently commisioned an eye-tracking study, which used the webcams of 600 participants to track their eye movements as they looked at top category and brand Pinterest pages for 10-second at a time. This was followed by a short survey.
Some of the results which stood out were
• Pins that were front and center were seen by the highest percentage of viewers.
• Faces attract attention more than objects.
• Profile information or the brand isn’t always as noticeable as profile content itself so incorporate the brand into the content where possible
• Brand pages are just as popular as category pages.
• People like brands better after viewing their Pinterest pages. The survey found that the majority of participants said that viewing a brand’s page enhanced their attitude towards the brand and said they were more likely to buy it.
Here’s a little video infographic that illustrates a brands place on pinterest nicely!